One of the most important pieces of gear that a photographer needs is a bag for their equipment. Although Peak Design designed this bag with photographers in mind, this backpack can really be used in any situation. The Everyday Backpack was Peak Design’s sequel to their widely successful Everyday Messenger. The bag size comes in 20L and 30L (which is the one that I currently own) and in colors Charcoal and Ash. I received this bag a few weeks ago and this has been my daily backpack ever since.
The 30L Peak Design Everyday Backpack has an outer dimension of 20” H x 13” W x 7.75” D with a volume of 18L to 30L depending on how much you want the latch to expand. This bag can fit a laptop up to 16″ x 10.75″ x 1.5″ in size. Altogether, I am able to carry: a 13″ laptop, a notebook, 2 Pro DSLRs with lenses attached (5D3 with 24-70 2.8 and 6D with 35 1.4), 70-200 2.8, filters, a rain cover, a tripod, spare batteries and memory cards, a couple of flashes, and even gym clothes on top of all that with room to spare!
- There’s so much room in this bag! I can fit both my photography gear as well as my every day items.
- This bag can be accessed from both sides through the quick side access. They made it easy to swing the bag around in order to open up the bag and get what you need without taking the bag off.
- An expandable top opening is secured by their MagLatch, a simple magnetic latch that can be secured with one hand.
- I’ve tested the durable, weatherproof Kodra material covering the outer surface in snow and rain; the material kept everything dry and all the water just wicked off. The side zippers are also weather-sealed.
- Hidden pockets throughout the bag allow you to keep your items protected.
- Large side pockets allow you to carry tripods or water bottles.
- Dedicated pouches for a laptop and a tablet.
- Impressive security with the MagLatch and zippers with anti-theft loops.
- Highly customizable interior with flexfold dividers to build compartments for all of your gear
- I found that my straps became loose too easily and I always had to readjust them every time I wore the backpack.
- The price point is quite steep.
The Peak Design Everyday Backpack is truly an impressive bag that was not only made for photographers, but for everyday users as well. From the customizable interior, to the weatherproof exterior, to the sheer amount of items you can put in the bag, Peak Design has knocked it out of the park with their line of Everyday bags. While the price point is quite steep for many people, I believe the features of the bag justify the price and definitely make it live up to it’s name. This is definitely my everyday bag and might be the last bag I buy.